2015/12/03

Training School (2)

Hey guys,

here is more information about the training school that I went to before I came to my family.
First off the training school that I went to was the Cultural Care training school which is located on Long Island. It is a beautiful former College Campus. There are two Buildings with all the Au Pair Rooms, as well as a Cafeteria Building and a Building where the classes are held. The rooms have bunk beds in them and I had to share my room with three other girls but I believe it can be more or less than that. The rooms were not air-conditioned which made it quite hot because I was there in August. We did have fans though. The classroom are air-conditioned and if you are not used to that they might seem a bit cold to you, so make sure to bring a sweater on the first day of class.

I arrived at around 10PM (22 o'clock) and I was the second to arrive in my room. The rest of my room mates followed throughout the night.

You will start classes on the next day no matter when you arrived. You start your day off with breakfast in the Cafeteria which is quiet big and you will meet a lot of other Au Pairs. There is q big variety of food that you can choose from. They have bread, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, etc.

Then you will start your classes which are held in another Building.
Lunch is in the same Cafeteria Building and you can usually get a salad from the salad bar(be fast, there is usually a big line there) and the regular lunch that they offer that day. The lunches are okay don't expect too much but it is definitely not bad.

After lunch you will continue with your classes.

The classes are usually quite long and you will definitely be tired. The classes themselves are okay, you learn a bit more about childcare, they give you ideas for food you can make, games you can play. You will also receive a first-aid course. The teacher that I had was really nice and happy to answer any questions we had. During the training school you will go over all the stuff you did in the online course you did when you were home.

The most exciting part about the training school will be meeting other Au Pairs. I was there in mid August and the school was really full, which was great because I met a lot of nice people.

On the last day you will get the chance to go to Manhattan. During your stay at the Training School you will receive a gift bag that your host family paid for. The bag can include a hoodie, a shirt, the Manhattan Tour, the ticket to the Top of the Rock, Giftcards, etc. Not every Au Pair gets everything which is okay, don't worry if you don't get all the things one of your friends got. If your host family already paid for you trip to NYC you don't need to pay for it and can just go on the trip. During your trip to the City you will get a nice tour with a guide, see NYC from above (Top of the Rock) and enjoy some free time.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen